Included in your registration are on-line support and The Essential Guide to Fitness Training Manual
Please refer to our Refund Policy
All course requirements must be completed within 12 months
|Unique Student Identifier (USI)||
Students must obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) prior to enrolling in this course. Please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/ for more information
This course is nationally recognised and a Statement of Attainment will be issued once all assessment requirements have been issued.
This course is a blend of virtual lectures, online learning and live on-site practical training.
– 4 x 2.5 hour virtual theory sessions with some practical application of deck skills
To attain Fitness Australia CECs you must be a registered Group Exercise Instructor or Group Exercise Leader
Assessments include practical and written components and are competency based.
Practical assessments can be completed in person with an approved assessor or via video.
Incorporating the Units of Competence:
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
– Plan and teach aqua fitness classes for the general population taking into consideration the hydrodynamic principles of the water
– Modify their classes to accommodate special populations
– Understand when they need to refer their clients to an allied health professional
– Perform basic water rescues
– Identify and manage any risks associated with teaching in this environment
– Participate in safe work practices to ensure their own health and safety, and that of others
– Instruct water familiarisation buoyancy and mobility skills